East Side, New York

27 comments
IMG_9356 IMG_9382 IMG_9352 IMG_9350 IMG_9276 IMG_9241 IMG_9236 IMG_9231 12717385_10153420074050777_8578333404444184885_n

New York City, United States of America, Feb 16'

As a former hard-core fan of Gossip Girl, I couldn't wait to explore the Upper East Side and surrounding areas when I was in NYC.

There was so much to do on that side of town. We spent the whole day at the MET walking through all the different sections and got to see so many amazing artefacts from King Henry VIII's armour to ancient Egyptian tombs. Ivor and I were heart broken as the fashion and musical sections were both closed during that time. Adding to my heart break was the fact that it was pouring rain the whole day and I couldn't sit on the steps outside eating yoghurt like the iconic Blair Waldorf and asking my minions/Ivor to sit a few steps below.

I loved watching Eloise at the Plaza when I was younger, I thought it was so cool that this young girl had such a lavish lifestyle. So of course I had to visit the Plaza and have lunch there. The building was so grand and elegant and also celebrated it's Eloise narrative with little displays and even a Eloise themed tea menu. I'd love to stay there one day.

We also walked around the beautiful Central park, visited the zoo, checked out the Grand Central Station (which really lives up to its name) and also the Natural Museum of History. I do have to say that the Museum was such a let down, I was expecting the Night at the Museum but quickly realised that it wasn't filmed on location. While the exhibits near the entry were phenomenal, as you continued exploring the museum, the exhibits got less and less impressive - they were old looking (not in the historic sense, but in terms of being outdated).

While this isn't really on the East Side, it's much too exciting not to much - WE GOT COURTSIDE SEATS AT AN NBA GAME! We found discounted court-side seats to watch a match between Brookyn Nets and Charlotte Hornets. There was an amazing food buffet area, I got to see one of my favourite players (Jeremy Lin) and the seats had the best view ever! This was probably one of my favourite experiences while we were in NYC.

What's your favourite thing in NYC?

Thanks for reading!
Nat xx

Follow me

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

27 comments:

  1. NY is always amazing! Great photos!
    xx

    http://www.mybeautrip.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful city, beautiful photos, beautiful couple! <3
    xxPamolina

    www.pamolina.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to NYC before. The Grand Central Station looks amazing!

    VONNYDU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a really awesome time
    Kisses dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics!
    http://solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a great time! xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    -Facebook-
    www.facebook.com/TheHauteCookie
    -Twitter-
    www.twitter.com/thehautecookie
    -Instagram-
    www.instagram.com/thehautecookie/

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! NYC is a great city to explore. I would love to go again some day. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had an awesome time! Great shots!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh! What a greatpost, thanks for sharing and happy weekend! :)


    April of: https://beybiapril.wordpress.com/
    IG: @aprilnunezzz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos! xx

    http://tiateilli.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your post! I've always wanted to go to the plaza!

    Please visit my Blog!

    http://www.alessabernal.com/

    Alessa Bernal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me encanta tu estilo, el post es perfecto!!
    Entrar en mi blog, escojer vuestra pieza favorita del monopoly y entrar en el sorteo. Suerte!!

    https://adrianabohostyle.com/2017/01/13/sorteo-monopoly-votemonopoly-batalladelospeones/

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, what an adventure!
    http://www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  14. NYC is one of my favourite cities in the world! It looks and sounds like you've had so much fun there!

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Gossip Girl too! One of the big reasons why I love NY & always find myself coming back there. I'm glad you were able to walk through it live & fulfill that dream. Amazing steal of the courtside tickets, too! Lucky!! xx

    Kit | THINGS SHE LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  16. I live on the Upper East side so I love seeing my neighborhood through visitor's eyes and I have to apologize on behalf of the city for the rain! Hopefully it will be better when you come back next time!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhh! I really love the scenery in your posts, love the photos too. Great post! :)



    https://beybiapril.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. love this post!
    xx Tania
    tsarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow those photos are so amazing*_* NY is so beautiful :)
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The post is great! I love your blog:)

    irinathayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your photos are breathtaking. I just moved away from New York (my hometown) a few months ago and the picture of Grand Central made my heart hurt. You captured the essence of the East Side beautifully.
    I hope you had a wonderful trip!

    - Camille
    www.serialoutfitrepeater.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. and complements the Alpha Max No2 potential of the body to exhilarate tissues. appropriate functioning of pituitary gland is critical for giving energy to muscles. ordinary intake of muscle gainer supplements activates pituitary gland and generates HGH to enhance the muscle strength. http://www.strongtesterone.com/alpha-max-no2-reviews/


    ReplyDelete
  23. Great picture !
    I'm sooooo in love with New York City and I hope I'll be back there soon enough.
    M also a huge fan of Gossip Girl so I can't help my self and go each time to Grand Central Station picturing my self as Serena haha.

    Kenza from http://travelwithkenza.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Followers

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig